Saturday 2 November 2013

Last week of October

Well nothing paticularly happened during the week.  The only downer was my mother in law decided she wanted a Christmas pudding after all.  I had done all my puddings and cooked them but had enough ingredients left for a spare. (Ummmhhh I wonder why that was?)  I made one and cooked it.  I have spent a lot of time this week sorting out for Christmas.
However, the internet group Smallquilt talk I belong to has a monthly challenge, and October's challenge is to make a Maple leaf block, and turn one or more into something nice.  Mapleleaf is one of my favourite blocks and I used to make them quite quickly.  Well, that was before I slowed down.  It took me four days to make four blocks and then it was the 31st October.  End of the challenge.  BUT ...... Novembers challenge is to finish a UFO. sooo .. my first UFO is my maple leaf block, cunning huh?

My Maple leaf blocks  The red around the outside is being auditioned for a binding.  Still not sure.











A closer picture showing the maple leaves a little clearer.  Quite pleased with myself and this has been made all from scraps.  However the dint in the scrap box is not noticable.










And finally showing the corner.  Still not sure about the binding fabric.  Will have to think.  For now I will make a template for a quilting pattern and start work.  This could take some time.









Well, that's the end of my really exciting week.  Hope for better next week.  The start of November.  That is truly scary.
Goodnight, and God bless to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment