Tuesday 5 November 2013

Finished items

During the middle stages of my enforced resting I felt like sewing and began finishing small projects.
The first was my needle case.  This was a gift from Karin Hellaby on my trip up the Norwegian coast to see the Northern Lights.
Finished at last and being used.

The second item to be finished were the two quilts I promised my Grandsons.  They saw a black, white and red Log Cabin I was making and said they would like one but with blue centres.  I thought I had enough scraps left to complete the quilts but ran out so ended up buying new fabric and starting from scratch.  The end result was worth it thoug.  They love them and use them every day.

Finished at last.

I am now going to start Christmas presents.  I need to be so organised this year as we are going to Madeira from the end of November until Christmas Eve.

4 comments:

  1. Great log cabins. And, what are you doing with the blocks that got replaced? What a nice long vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie. The replaced blocks are in the queue for bag making. There should be enough to make the front of a bag to carry work to class in. Been meaning to make one for ages now. Will pot photo when it is done

      Delete
  2. Your needle case is beautiful. The two log cabin quilts look very nice in blue. Looking forward to more photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is beautiful, but your needlecase really caught my eye! I love your embroidery!
    Darlon in Tennessee

    ReplyDelete